Friday, March 24, 2023

March 24th's Friday Post

Welcome to Friday and another Friday Post.  As usual, I'll be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

My teasers for the first three will come from Intrigue in Istanbul by Erica Ruth Neubauer.


This is book four in the series, and it opens like this:

After so many months abroad, it was a little surreal to be back in my hometown of Boston.  The streets were still bustling and nothing about the city had changed, but I certainly had.  I was a much different person than the one that set off to Egypt.

Yes, the first book in the series was set in Egypt.  And it has been quite a journey for our main character.

Now, let's jump over to page 56.  I'm actually going to take the first line from the page:

Maral shook her head.  "I do not trust that man."

Intrigued?  Well, the book comes out on Tuesday, but my review will be up on Monday.  I hope you'll come back to see what I thought.

Let's finish things off with the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

Are books a must-have in your home?

Of course they are, as the piles of books that don't fit on bookshelves will attest.  I really need to cull my collection.  It's just so hard to part with any.

Have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Istanbul is a place that I've always been curious about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Intrigue in Istanbul mentioned somewhere else recently. I'll take that as a sign that I should read it!

    And books are essential in our home, too. There's always room for more, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading A Match in the Making by Jen Turano. It's so fun!
    "I don't believe you've thoroughly considered our current situation, Mrs. Parker," Gwendolyn said as she stuffed a bathing costume into the woven bag she was packing.
    I hope you have a great weekend! 😀❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm terrible about getting rid of books especially ones I haven't read. This sounds good and I love that it takes place in different countries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good read! Cute cover too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been to Istanbul! I hope you enjoyed this one. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband thinks I need to cull my collection of books...he's wrong, but that's what he thinks. Have a great weekend. - Katie

    My BBH if you care to visit - https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2023/03/book-blogger-hop-24-march-2023.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sound of Intrigue in Istanbul. I don't have many hard copy books in my home, but I have a lot of ebooks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the snippets. Istanbul is always an interesting setting to read about. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always live in a house with books. I would feel strange not to have any.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have enough bookshelves either, but it's too hard to part with books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This series looks great, I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.