Friday, March 31, 2023

March 31st's Friday Post

Welcome to Friday!  Time for this week's Friday post, where I will be linking up to:


For the first three, I will be pulling quotes from On Spine of Death by Tamara Berry.


This is the second book in the By the Book Mysteries.  I finished it earlier this week, and I loved it!  Here's how the book begins.

Tess knew the exact moment the blood started dripping down her hands.

That will catch your attention, especially when you learn that Tess is our main character.  Or at least it caught mine.

To make up for that short teaser, I'm going to pull a longer one for the Friday 56.  I'm getting a running start by starting at the bottom of page 55.

"Lucky for you, I did a full electronic sweep this morning.  You're all clear, Tess, in case you were wondering," Nicki said.
Tess had no idea that Nicki had such cool technology at her fingertips, but she liked it.  "Was it Mason you suspected of planting bugs, or the sheriff's department?" Tess asked.
"Mason, of course," Nicki replied.  "Sherriff Boyd wouldn't place surveillance without just cause and a warrant first."
It was true.  Getting Sheriff Boyd to break a rule was as easy as getting Tess to follow one.

And yes, I did all that just for the final line.  When you know the characters, it's a pretty funny line.  Hopefully, you got that from the context.

As I said, I enjoyed the book.  My full review will be up on Thursday next week, so I hope you'll come back then and see what I thought.

Shall we get to the Book Blogger Hop?  This week's question is:

What apps/websites do you use to make your social media posts?

I don't use anything to make posts.  I go to the sites themselves and make the posts.  I'm not even sure of any sites or apps that do that any more, so I will have to pay some attention to what everyone else uses.

As far as places I have accounts, I have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Gettr, and MeWe.

I hadn't thought of it when I first posted this, but I do us PicCollage and really enjoy it.  Most of those wind up here on the blog for my monthly reading summary posts (March went up yesterday) or my Sunday/Monday posts.  I didn't think about it since I don't use it for Instagram or other social media sites that much.

Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, Spine of Death does sound fun. And I would love to have that tombstone on my grave from the front cover, if that doesn't sound morbid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first line is spooky. Have a great weekend, Mark 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun read for sure!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quotes are both funny and inviting. Glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a really fun read. Love both snippets. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I have to check out PicCollage :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm currently reading and LOVING My Phony Valentine by Courtney Walsh.
    "If we're going to look like a couple and convince people we're really together, we're probably going to have to kiss.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read book 1 in that series and I remember it having some laugh-out-loud moments. I've used PicCollage for other things before. I don't know why I never thought to use it for my blog or Instagram posts. I haven't heard of the last three accounts you mentioned. Not sure I want to go down a rabbit hole, because I know that's what will happen, but I might look and see what they're all about. Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds fun! I am glad to hear you enjoyed it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had forgotten about pic collage. I've used that sometimes too especially for round up posts where I'm posting quite few images

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first line comes from a brand new one coming up by KimberleyWoodhouse: 26 Below
    Chapter one
    50 above Zero. October 1–2:00 p.m. Fairbanks
    First official day on the job as Emergency Center director, and Darcie Phillips found herself wanting to play hooky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved On Spine of Death. I hope you have a good weekend, Mark

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cozy mysteries are so fun. I hope you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm reading this one right now and really enjoying it! I liked the first one a lot but this one might be even more fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.