Saturday, June 10, 2023

June 10th's Weekly TV Thoughts

American Ninja Warrior – I really misunderstood based on the previews exactly how the new season was going to work.  It’s not all head to head, just the bottom two.  Not sure how I feel about that.  I mean, I like head to head, but I also like people getting it based on their merits.  I feel sorry for the people who would have made it the old way but lost out because of the head to head.  Maybe they should have a way to get back in if you’ve been eliminated that way?  Either way, glad to have the show back.

Race to Survive: Alaska – Talk about your anti-climatic climax.  There might have been a moment or two when I thought something else would happen, but it was pretty much the brothers the entire time.  I mean, they won every single leg.  I’m not saying they didn’t deserve it, but it wasn’t exactly suspenseful competition.  I still wish we’d gotten some updates on the first couple evacuated.  That was looking very grim.

Superman & Lois – Yes, that felt a bit over the top at times, but there were so many good moments.  The cast is absolutely bringing it with everything the writers are putting them through, too.  Glad the surgery is behind Lois.  I knew Jordan getting his x-ray powers would come into play.  It was rather obvious.  As was what Manheim did there at the end.  I figure Matteo wouldn’t wind up facing any consequences.

Gotham Knights – Wow was that a roller coaster.  I kind of don’t know what to say.  I’d seen some hints, so I guessed the big twist of the episode early on, but there was so much else doing on that I wasn’t expecting.  I can’t see how they are going to wrap any of this up in two episodes.  I feel like it is spinning more and more out of control.

Hot Wheels: Ultimate Challenge – Not sure if I will stick with this show or not.  Or maybe just watch the opening and closing few minutes since I enjoy that.  I’ve got to ask, what is with both of the guys in the first two episodes wanting their cars to jump?  At least this time it worked better.  I did like the winning car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.