Saturday, June 24, 2023

June 24th's Weekly TV Thoughts

American Ninja Warrior – I feel like we are cramming too much into these one-hour episodes.  We only get to see a few runs, it’s more recaps and bios than anything else this season.  Granted, we were getting a lot of that before, but it wasn’t as obvious with two hours installments.  Having said that, it was fun as always with some amazing performances and great stories.  I’m just ready for the director’s cut with no commercials so I can really watch it.

The Weakest Link – Wow!  They really seemed to struggle more so than normal this game, especially at the beginning.  $47K is on the low end, but I was kind of surprised they made it that far, actually.

Superman & Lois – I knew that the situation with Jonathon wasn’t going to go well.  But let’s talk Jordan.  He’s right, and Lois and Clark are right, too.  That’s what I love about this show.  No one is completely wrong or right the way things are written.  But oh man, are we in for trouble next week.  And is Bruno coming back?  I will say the whole things in Lex in prison and out of prison was just so confusing.  I don’t get why they had to have those scenes or show it the way they did.  It’s not like we needed to know how evil he is.  This is Lex.  We know he’s evil.

Gotham Knights – When I got to the final commercial break, I was surprised to see I had more show.  That felt like a cliffhanger.  Nope, that was nothing on where they left the show.  I have no idea how they will wrap this up in one week, but I feel like they can now.  A bit sudden, but I buy it.

Hot Wheels: Ultimate Challenge – I wasn’t surprised at who the winner was.  Both were creative, but I knew the skateboarding car didn’t have a chance.  I mean, if the other were truly horrible, maybe, but it just didn’t seem like a hot wheels to me.  Still, I appreciate that the judges find good and bad things to say about all the cars.

Secret Invasion – I’m going to have a problem with this show.  Any time we have a show where anyone can shape shift, much less a whole group of people, it just becomes ridiculous.  And that’s what we’ve got going on here, I can already tell.  And I either need to rewatch the movies or give up on Marvel so things that happened like this episode mean something to me.  As it is, I only remember the major characters, so things like this just don’t mean anything.

3 comments:

  1. I've had Covid this past week and have had no brain capacity for anything except TV. I watched the final season of Never Have I Ever and am on season 3 of Bosch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen American Ninja Warrior in a while! I need to catch up on some new episodes. I'm worried about Secret Invasion and Marvel in general. I skipped going to see Guardians Vol. 3, and I'm anxious about going into Secret Invasion. I feel the end of Marvel may be coming for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the direction Marvel is going in, in general, but I'll stick around for a while longer and see what happens. It's definitely not as good as it used to be, though, because sometimes they surprise me. I wasn't crazy about the first episode of Secret Invasion. I didn't know shape-shifting was a term, so I learned something new today. I noticed it happened in Season 2 of Once Upon a Time. At least I think it's the same thing. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.