Friday, June 2, 2023

June 2nd's Friday Post

We made it to Friday!  For a short week, this week sure was long.  Let's kick the day off with a Friday post, where I will link up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

My teasers this week come from Hot Pot Murder, the second L.A. Night Market Mystery by Jennifer J. Chow.


This is a fun second entry in the series.  You can get a sense of that from the opening:

All happy hot pot gatherings are alike; each unhappy hot pot event is disastrous in its own way.

Given the title, that opening lines gives you a sense of what is to come, doesn't it?

Meanwhile, we get a sense of danger from this quote from the 56% point of the book:

“Are you all right?” Celine said. “You look pale.”
“Maybe dehydrated,” I lied, removing the glass from my forehead and drinking some of the cool liquid.

I've finished the book over the weekend, and I just wrote my review Thursday night.  I enjoyed it.  I hope you'll come back on Tuesday, which happens to be the book's release day, for my full review.

Let's wind down with this week's Book Blogger Hop.  The question is:

What would the title of your autobiography be?

I really had to think about this one.  In fact, I had something else before the perfect title came to me.  It's something I tell people as a joke all the time, especially at work.  And it captures my sense of humor, too.  Here you go.

When in Doubt, Panic

Now, I just need to write it.  I think I'm panicking at the thought of having to write my autobiography, in fact, so I guess you won't have to read it after all.

12 comments:

  1. I like everything you shard from the book and now I'd like to know what's really wrong with him.

    "When in Doubt, Panic" is funny but also very common for some people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing this series. It looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the opening line, an homage to the great Tolstoy and his Anna Karenina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very interesting cover. Glad you enjoyed it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a fun mystery. Love those snippets! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy hot pot gatherings made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading A Shadow in Moscow by Katherine Reay. It's a wild ride of a story.
    "Ingrid unlocked the apartment's front door and felt a cold creep up her spine."
    I hope you have an excellent weekend. Happy reading! 😀❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to read get started with this series. It sounds so good. I love that opening line. I'd read your autobiography with that title. Sounds like it could also be a cozy mystery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today, I was reading Abduction in the Dark by Jenna Night. The first line is: "The knocking at the front door was unexpected." Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your title! I think mine would be something along the lines of "It'll be Fine". This series is on my TBR. The first one really caught my attention but I never ended up reading it. Soon hopefully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.