Friday, October 11, 2024

October 11th's Friday Post

Look at this - two weeks in a row, I'm doing the Friday Post.  As usually, I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

For the first three, I'll be pulling quotes from Comedy Can Be Deadly by Ryan Rivers.


This is the third full length book in the series, and it was fun and funny.  The story involves our two friends, Levi and Sho, involved in a local theater production of A Midsummer Night's Dream.  Here's how it begins:

Sweat beaded on my forehead, catching in my eyebrows like tiny anxious dewdrops.

Nothing like starting out with a bit of suspense, right?

Meanwhile, at 56% into the ARC I read, we find this:

“Have faith, boys,” she called over her shoulder. “The show will go on.”
How? With two murders, a hospitalized fairy queen, and a director on the verge of a nervous breakdown, our Midsummer seemed more cursed than Mac—ahem—the Scottish Play.

I really enjoy this series, and this was no exception.  My review will be up Tuesday, so I hope you'll come back to read it then.

Let's close things out with this week's Book Blogger Hop.  And the question is:

Do you have a favorite book or author you turn to every October to celebrate Halloween?

I don't.  I have a few movies I try to slip in this time of year (Halloween, the original The Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown), but no books or authors I try to read.  If a series I read has a Halloween book, I will try to read it this month if I bought it and didn't snag an ARC, but that's about it.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like a dangerous production! I hope it works out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comedy Can Be Deadly---what a wonderful, paradoxical title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised how many people answered this weeks blog hop question with a 'no'. I love Eddie Murphey's Haunted Mansion.
    Here's my answer to today's question:
    https://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2024/10/poe.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book definitely seems appropriate for spooky season. I hope you have a great weekend. - Katie

    Here's my BBH if you wish to visit - https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2024/10/book-blogger-hop-booksauthors-i-turn-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great mystery! Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.