Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 26th's Waiting on Wednesday

Time for this week's Waiting on Wednesday.

This week's choice is Inherit the Word by Daryl Wood Gerber.  This is the second in her Cookbook Nook Mysteries.



The main character in this series runs a cookbook shop with her aunt in a small coastal California town.  This book revolves around a grilling competition that the cookbook shop is helping host.  When a contestant gets murdered, the main character jumps in to find the killer.

However, I'm looking forward to it for another reason.  The first book ended with a cliffhanger involving the main characters personal life.  I need to know what happens next with that.

Fortunately, I don't have too much longer to wait since the book comes out in just 6 days on March 4th.

6 comments:

  1. Do I even want to know how you could get murdered at a grilling combination? I think murder should happen outside of the kitchen! But this definitely sounds like a fun read! I hope you enjoy it when you get it!
    Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a good rest of the week!
    My WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murder outside of the kitchen? Then where would all the culinary cozies be? (Actually, most of the time the murder does take place somewhere else.)

      Delete
  2. Sounds really interesting!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a mystery to solve :) The grilling wouldn't have to be in a kitchen.... just my input there lol.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure in this case, the grilling it outdoors, but I'll have to read the book to find out for sure.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.