Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What's on Your Nightstand - February 2014

Can you believe it is already the fourth Tuesday in February?  Me neither.  But it is, which means it is time for this month's What's on Your Nightstand?

I'm actually a couple of books behind on reviews.  Last week, I was reading City of Darkness and Light, the newest Molly Murphy book by Rhys Bowen.  It doesn't come out for a week, so I'm holding the review until then.  I loved it, which isn't a surprise since I've been a fan of the series for years.  So thankful I got to read an ARC of the book.

And I'm not feeling guilty for not having a review of this other book up either.  See, I just finished Murder Past Due by Miranda James today.  Like three hours ago.  And I just haven't had time to write the glowing review this book deserves either.

So what's next?  I've got two more ARCs coming up.  I got both of them this weekend, too.  Up first is The Chase by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg.  I read these books because I'm a fan of Lee Goldberg.  The con man and FBI agent premise may be similar to White Collar, but the world wide settings and romantic tension certainly aren't.  This is the second book in the series, and I'm quite curious to see how things go.

Then I'll be reading Dummy of a Ghost by Sue Ann Jaffarian, the second of her e-novellas in the Ghost of Granny Apples series.  I'm quite anxious to visit these characters again, and I'm even more excited that another new full length novels is coming out beginning of April.

So, while I haven't had a book review up in a week or so, as you can see it will be full steam ahead with new books and new book reviews over the next week.  Keep coming back to see what I thought.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to have a favorite author or series? Makes it so much fun to look forward to more. Glad you've found some you love. I'm behind on doing some reviews too. Maybe next week? It's hard to find time to review when you're wanting to read all the time instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have almost too many authors I love for my own good. Hard to keep up with them all.

      Delete
  2. I know. Another month gone.

    It's always great fun to get an ARC of a book you really wanted to read anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't take very many ARCs, but I never turn them down from my favorite authors.

      Delete
  3. I have to say thanks for last month's mentions - you've got me hooked on cozy mysteries now. I finished one and have three more in pile!

    The Chase sounds interesting - I like White Collar so sounds like something I might read! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new fan of cozy mysteries? My work here is done! Thanks for letting me know, and happy reading to you, too.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.