Sunday, April 6, 2014

Cookie Review: Mint Chocolate Chip - Chips Ahoy! Ice Cream Creations



Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Great taste; nice and moist
Cons: Could use a bit more mint overall


The Bottom Line:
Chocolate and mint
Chocolate does overwhelm
Still delicious treat

Almost Perfection with Chips Ahoy! Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

My curiosity about the Chips Ahoy! Ice Cream Creations cookies lead me to buy three of them when I first saw them in the stores.  Of those, the Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies met my expectations the most.  Not saying there isn't room for improvement, but from looking at the package, I got just what I expected.

These are soft (chewy in Chips Ahoy! speak) chocolate cookies.  Inside, they come with chocolate chips and mint pieces.  The result is a flavor that is very close to mint chocolate chip ice cream, which is obviously what they were going for.

I saw very close because the chocolate tends to overwhelm the mint.  I'm not saying you can't taste it because it is definitely there.  I'm just saying that I wish it were stronger.  It is stronger in the better mint chocolate chip ice creams out there.  And yes, I know I'm complaining about abundance of chocolate flavor in something.  Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate.  I just wish there were more mint here.

Two cookies provide you with 140 calories, 50 of which are from fat.  There's nothing nutritious about them.  (I know that was a news flash to me.)  The ingredients are the standard wheat, butter, oil, and chocolate you'd expect.

So, naturally, these should not be part of your normal diet.  (I really eat too much junk food.)  But the Chips Ahoy! Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are absolutely something I will be buying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.