Sunday, April 13, 2014

Cookie Review: Root Beer Float - Chips Ahoy! Ice Cream Creations



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Perfectly captures root beer float magic in a cookie
Cons: I shouldn't eat these every day
The Bottom Line:
Real root beer flavor
Captured in these great cookies
You'll love the results

The Surprise Ice Cream Creation - the Chips Ahoy! Root Bear Float Cookies Are Great!

I take my root beer floats seriously.  When I make one, it includes only the best (Breyer's French Vanilla and A&W root beer, of course).  That's why of the three Chips Ahoy! Ice Cream Creations flavors I tried, I was most skeptical of the Root Beer Float flavor.  They turned out to be my favorites.

These are a chewy white cookie.  I'm sure it's the standard recipe they use to make regular Chewy Chips Ahoy! cookies.  However, instead of chocolate chips, they put in white chips of some kind and root beer flavored chips.  Honestly,  I still haven't figured out if the white chips are vanilla or white chocolate, but it hardly matters.

The first time I tried one, I was surprised at just how real the root beer float flavor was.  I mean, I actually thought for a second I felt carbonation on my tongue.  I know, I know, I'm crazy, but that's how good the flavor is.  Yes, there are hints of cream in there, too (probably provided by the white chips).  The result is perfectly.  This is the closest thing to biting into a root beer float without actually biting into a root beer float.

Of course, these are cookies, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that they are not good for you.  Two of the cookies (and they aren't that big) contain 140 calories, 60 of which are pure fat.  The ingredients are your standard list of wheat, sugar, milk solids, and more sugar.  But they taste so good.

So if you want an unique and wonderful cookie treat, get the Chips Ahoy! Root Beer Float cookies.  Your taste buds will thank you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.