Friday, April 4, 2014

Ornament Review: Sally's Spring Bouquet - Happiness is Peanuts All Year Long #10 - 2014 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Makes you think of Spring
Cons: Sally's pose seems a little off to me
The Bottom Line:
Collecting flowers
Blooming with pretty colors
A sure sign of Spring



There Must Have Been Some Good April Showers to Bring Sally These May Flowers

I have a love hate relationship with Spring.  I love the warmer weather (hey, those lower 60's days can get downright cold here in Southern California), but my allergies go crazy with all the pollen.  Still, I do enjoy flowers, which is why I like Sally's Spring Bouquet.

This is the May entry (released in April) for Hallmark's Happiness is Peanuts All Year Long ornament series.  It features Sally in her first and only appearance in the series.  She's wearing her trademark pink with red polka dotted dress, and in her arms, she is holding a huge collection of flowers.  These flowers are a dark lavender (maybe purple?) with a yellow center to them.  Sally is obviously pleased with her flowers since she is smiling so wide her eyes are closed.  She's also almost but not quite standing on one foot, so I guess she's walking forward.

And that is really the only complaint I have with this ornament.  Sally's pose looks odd to me.  Between her eyes closed and standing on one foot, she looks like she is about to fall over.  If she were standing up straight, I think I'd love this ornament.

Fortunately, falling is only in her appearance.  The base of the ornament is once again green grass, and the oval of it under Sally is nice and flat.  You can set this on any surface without fear of it falling over.  And those looking for the series marker will find the 10 in a Christmas tree on the bottom as well.

Likewise, the ornament is perfectly balanced for hanging.  The grass base is parallel to the ground when you slip a hanger through the loop on the top of Sally's head.

Speaking of that loop, Hallmark must have corrected the production issues they had with the early ornaments in the series, because this one again is positions perfectly for the stand for the series (sold separately).  The background for this month is a flowery meadow, and it is very pretty back behind Sally.  Woodstock is even flying on the right hand side of the scene.

While the pose may be off, I do still like Sally's Spring Bouquet overall.  I'll gladly display it as the pollen from real flowers drives up my allergies.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Happiness is Peanuts All Year Long series.

Original Price: $12.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.