Monday, December 21, 2015

Ornament Review: New Year's Snowman - Keepsake Cupcakes #6 - 2015 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute snowman ready to ring in the new year
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
Ring in the New Year
With snowman cupcake who is
Ready to party




Wishing You a Snowman New Year

Being a California native and a Southern California resident all my adult life, I associate snow and snowmen with fantasies of Christmas.  It’s not something I see like ever!  That’s why I was surprised at the first when I saw the January cupcake in the Keepsake Cupcake series.  But I quickly realized that it makes perfect sense because a New Year's Snowman is actually something that can happen in the rest of the country.

Plus it’s a great cupcake.  We’ve got a vanilla cupcake in a tan cupcake foil.  Rising out of that is the snowman.  Naturally, he’s white, and the bottom circle is actually half made up of the cupcake and half frosting.  He’s wearing a pink scarf and a blue party hat blowing a purple party favor to ring in the new year.  There are some large pieces of glitter, on his body they could pass for sugar pretending to be fresh snow flakes and on his hat they look like the hat’s fringe.

Once again, we are looking at an incredibly cute ornament.  He definitely looks like he’s ready to party!  In fact, I’m now wondering if he is made from a fresh new snow.  Maybe we need a new legend about the power of a New Year’s snow to go with this cupcake.  Okay, I’m getting carried away now, aren’t I?  Let’s just agree he’s cute and move on.

Like the others in the series, he has a nice flat base.  He’s a cupcake after all.  You’ll also find the 6 in a Christmas tree on his base.  Can you believe we are half way through this series already?

If you want to hang him somewhere, you’ll find a loop in the hat on top of his head.  Slip a hook through that, and you’ll find that he hangs straight.

I’m more than happy living someplace with no snow, but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a New Year's Snowman – at least the Keepsake Cupcake version.  And this ornament is cute enough you will, too.

(Of course, now that I think about it, the one time it did snow where I currently live was a day or two after New Year.  Maybe this ornament really is on to something.)

For a year of delicious decorations, you'll want to collect the rest of the Keepsake Cupcakes.

Original Price: $12.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.