Monday, April 15, 2019

Ornament Review: Wonder Woman - 2017 Hallmark Miniature Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Perfect mini version of a great superhero
Cons: Only if you aren’t expecting a mini ornament
The Bottom Line:
A mini wonder
Perfectly rendered likeness
Great for a small tree




She’s a Mini Wonder

When Hallmark released two members of the Justice League as part of their miniature ornament line in 2017, I hadn’t realized they were going to do an unofficial series with these superhero characters.  That’s why I let Wonder Woman slip through my fingers.  Fortunately, I was able to track her down on the secondary market even though she has become the most popular one released to date.

Once again, I’m going to emphasize that this is a miniature ornament.  At her longest, Wonder Woman is just over an inch and a half long.  If you are looking for a full-size ornament, you’ll definitely want to look elsewhere.  However, if the size is okay with you, you’ll be happy with the piece.

This is a classic looking Wonder Woman from the comics.  It’s not based on any current movie or TV show versions of the characters.  She’s got her tiara in her brown hair.  Her outfit is red, white, yellow, and blue, and she’s got her lasso of truth at her side.  She appears to be jumping forward, with her left arm in front of her and her right arm behind.  And yes, the magic bracelets are on her arms as well.

Anyone who loves the character will love this ornament.  She looks just like Wonder Woman should, at least if you follow the comics.  Okay, so I don’t read the comics, but this still screams classic Wonder Woman to me, and I love it for that reason.

Since she is in action, you can’t set Wonder Woman out anywhere, not that you’d want to with her small size.  Instead, you need to hang her on your tree.  Fortunately, when you do that, you’ll find that she hangs at the perfect angle.  What do I mean by that?  She looks like she is in action.  You can argue about whether it is straight or not, but I think it is perfect.

As I mentioned earlier, this is the most popular of the mini Justice League ornaments released to date, so if you want her, you’ll have to do a little hunting to find her at a decent price.

But I’m glad I did that hunting because this mini version of Wonder Woman makes me smile.

Original Price: $7.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.