Saturday, May 11, 2019

May 11th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Next week, we have more season finales as well as a big series finale.  Plus upfronts, so we'll know next year's schedule.  But for now, here are my thoughts on this week's crop of shows.

Supergirl – I called that one weeks ago.  President Baker is pure evil.  I’m betting that we get Lynda Carter’s alien back as President before the season finale airs.  Lockwood’s son is completely correct.  Not that the alien doesn’t deserve to be brought to justice, but she was driven to what she did because of Lockwood.  I actually thought that Alex was going to get a baby.  And can they be any more obvious about setting up a romance between Alex and Kelly?

Legends of Tomorrow – So we are going to get a glimpse of hell now, huh?  And please, please, please tell me we are done with the nipple thing.  That’s just disgusting.  Already don’t care for Gary, and this isn’t helping.  The Apples to Apples take off game looks like a lot of fun to me.  I want to play!

Arrow – Cliffhangers in the future and the present.  I’m very curious how they will get out of the trouble they are in.  Yet I’m still struggling to care overall this season.  Too much doom, gloom, and darkness.  Was the show this dark in season 1?  Speaking of which, I forget just how much I missed Tommy until he pops up again.  I suspected it all mostly in Oliver’s head when he got out of being trapped on his own.  I know he’s the Green Arrow, but still, there’s no way that could happen.

The Flash – So Thawne did have a master plan and was using Nora.  Can’t wait to see what it is, how Ralph figured it out, and how they will stop him.  I figured that something must be coming because it was looking like we were pretty much going to defeat the big bad and we still had an episode to go.  Although it looks like she is back next week as well.

Survivor – It’s not reverse psychology to say you are going to do something and then not do it.  But it is a trick and very good game play.  I’m rooting for Devins at this point.  And I’m rooting for Joe to get back in the game.  We are in for an interesting finale.

The Amazing Race – I wish they’d get creative with their editing.  As soon as they cut away to the final commercial with Rachel and her sister struggling, I knew they wouldn’t get eliminated.  Of course, I don’t quite see how they survived.  I guess the other team got lost?  Rachel is being Rachel, which means she is annoying.  I’m ready for her to leave my TV.

The Big Bang Theory – I was waiting for the other shoe to drop with Leonard’s mother as well.  But his reaction was perfect, and that final scene.  Wow!  I wonder where they are going with Raj.  Loved Stuart’s sub-plot.  It’s nice to see him getting some happiness.  And man, that roommate was creepy.

Abby’s – This episode started out fun, but it somehow lost its way in the middle.  The whole mystical object part just fell flat for me.  I was most intrigued by the opener being filmed before it was dark.  Were they filming these back in March, and the time change made it light enough when they started filming?

1 comment:

  1. I don't watch a whole lot of TV these days and came to The Big Bang Theory really late in its run, but I really hate to see it go. Jim Parsons is from my area, and my daughter used to work with his mother, but somehow I didn't watch until about two years ago. The good news, I suppose, is that I have a lot of shows that I can still watch for the first time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.