Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Ornament Review: Ginger N. Sweethaus - Snowtop Lodge #14 - 2018 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute and creative
Cons: Very slight tip
The Bottom Line:
Gingerbread house made
By snowwoman.  Creative
Entry in series




Snowwomen and Gingerbread

One Christmas tradition is building gingerbread houses.  While I only did that a couple of years growing up, I did enjoy it (or should I say I enjoyed eating the frosting).  Anyway, that tradition comes to the Snowtop Lodge series with Ginger N. Sweethaus.

This year, we have a snowwoman, and she has just completed a gingerbread house masterpiece.  She’s proud of it, since she is holding her tray out for us to see and smiling.  The tray contains a nicely decorated house, definitely better than anything I did as a kid, as well as a couple gingerbread man cookies and other cookies.  She’s wearing a chef’s hat, and she has two rows of buttons on her front.  They look like mini frosted gingerbread cookies, and with the double line, it also looks like the buttons on a chef’s jacket.

The scene painted on the bottom of this ornament is fantastic.  It’s a snowy village scene, but with a twist.  Instead of a normal village, this one is a gingerbread village.  We can see several decked out gingerbread houses, the trees, which look like real trees, have been decorated for Christmas, and there are gingerbread people out and about in the village.

As I’ve said in the past, one reason I love Hallmark ornaments in their variations on a theme that come in their various series.  This is a prime example.  We’ve seen several villages in this series already, but making a gingerbread village is a wonderful and fun twist.  The snowwoman decked out as a chef is great as well.  The entire thing looks fantastic.  It would be fun for anyone who loves making gingerbread houses and snowman collectors in addition to the many fans of this series.

Ginger is a snowwoman, so naturally she can stand up on her own.  Like the rest of the series, she is porcelain, so you’ll want to be sure to put her someplace where she won’t accidentally get bumped and broken.

If you are looking to hang her on your tree, you’ll find the hook connected to her forehead through the chef’s hat.  (Ouch!)  She does tip slightly forward and to the right, but that won’t be an issue once you get a few Christmas tree branches around her.

You can find the 14 in a Christmas tree series marker painted on the bottom of the ornament.

I keep saying I need to cut back on ornaments, but it is so hard to be serious about doing that when Hallmark releases so many great ornaments.  Ginger N. Sweethaus continues a series I’m glad I started because I love them so much.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Snowtop Lodge series.

Original Price: $19.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.