Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Ornament Review: Tea Time! #3 - Nutcracker - 2018 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Creative tea set with a nutcracker theme
Cons: Nutcrackers aren’t short and squat like the tea pot is
The Bottom Line:
Nutcracker tea set
Becomes cute ornament set
Creative and fun




Why Do I Like This Ornament Set?  It’s Not a Tough Nut to Crack

While I don’t have that many, I do love nutcrackers.  This is something that came done from my grandma to my mother and on to me.  So when I saw that a nutcracker was the inspiration for the third Tea Time! ornament, I was excited.

This two ornament set features a festive tea pot and matching cut.  The tea pot itself is a classic looking nutcracker.  He’s done up in red and green with black, gold, and white accents.  While I do typically picture nutcrackers tall and thin, this one is short and squat, the better to look like a tea pot.  Also to help with the tea pot illusion, one arm is bent to form the handle while the other is at an angle to form the spout.

Okay, so the short and stout thing does bother me, I’ll admit it.  I just don’t picture nutcrackers looking quite like this one does.  But I just keep reminding myself that this is “really” a tea pot, and then I’m okay.

And it helps to look at the “mug” that comes with the set.  This second ornament is a nut.  How perfect is that?  I should say it is half a nut since the top of the shell has been cracked off so we can use it to drink the hot beverage, which appears to be either hot chocolate or tea.  Yes, I know the series is entitled Tea Time!, but some other have pretty obviously been hot chocolate.

Together, the two ornaments make a great set.  Once again, I could see a tea set that actually looks like this selling well, which is why I enjoy this series so much.

Since these ornaments are supposed to represent a tea pot and a tea cup, it’s no surprise that they have flat bottoms.  You can easily set this series out to be displayed if you so desire.  They are also perfectly balanced, so they hang straight when you go to hang them on your tree.  Looking for the series marker?  You’ll find the 3 in a Christmas tree on the bottom of both ornaments in this set.

The creativity in Tea Time! continues to appeal to me.  If you enjoy creative tea sets, you’ll want to add this ornament set to your collection.

Here are the rest of the Tea Time! ornament sets.

Original Price: $19.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.