Monday, May 6, 2019

Ornament Review: The Flash - 2018 Hallmark Miniature Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Classic Flash captured in miniature
Cons: Expect a miniature ornament, and you’ll be fine
The Bottom Line:
Miniature Flash
Will quickly be favorite
On a mini tree




He’ll be on Your Tree is a Flash

As I’ve been saying this month, when I realized that Hallmark was releasing an unofficial series of Justice League miniature ornaments, I had to get them all.  But one of the two 2018 releases grabbed me more than the other.  Because I love the TV show so much, I was most excited to get The Flash.

These ornaments are themed around the classic Justice League portrayal more than any TV show or movie, so fans of the character will love them.  This is Barry Allen in his costumed glory.  He’s mostly red with yellow boots and various yellow lightening accents.  While I know the character best from the TV show, I still immediately recognized him and his costume, which isn’t quite what they are doing on the show.  Then again, they seem to change it up a little every year.

As I said at the beginning of the review, this is a miniature ornament, and he stands at only 1.3 inches tall.  Yes, this is a small ornament.  However, if you look closely, you’ll find that there is still lots of detail on him.  I’m in awe of how they can do all that.  However, you’ll want to factor this in when you go to display it since he can easily get lost in a larger display or lost in general.  Fortunately, his bright red costume helps him stand out.

No real surprise, but we catch the Flash in action.  Despite his speed, we somehow caught him mid-run on the way to save the day.  This means we can’t set him out to be displayed and have to hang him.  Fortunately, he hangs at the perfect angle so that he looks like he is in motion on your tree.

If you can keep the size in mind, you’ll find that this miniature ornament of The Flash really is a lot of fun.

Original Price: $7.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.