Saturday, February 26, 2022

February 26th's Weekly TV Thoughts

With the Olympics off, many of my shows are back this week!  But I'll be seeing season finales for some of them next week already.

But for now, here's what I watched this week.

Around the World in 80 Days – I knew the time twist, so I was expecting that.  I still enjoyed watching it play out.  Despite all I’ve said, I truly did love the characters, so I was smiling at the end.  Plus, I did love the nod to another Verne classic.

Superman and Lois – I’ll admit it took me a bit to get back into the flow of the show.  Too many weeks off, I guess.  But I was back in by the end.  Am I forgetting something?  Did Kyle really have an affair?  Did we know that and I’m forgetting about it?  If so, that’s going to be disappointing.  I liked how that family was starting to come together.  Drugs are about to be a problem.  And what is this cult leader really going to be after?

Naomi – I feel like we just watched a Halloween episode.  I get it, this show is airing just in the spring, but it definitely had that vibe about it.  I knew the general wasn’t buying Naomi’s parents story.  I’m wondering what that name at the end of the episode meant.  And the bounty hunter is in the Phantom Zone?  So how connected is this Earth to the Superman mythos?

Wipeout – That was close.  Much closer than I thought it would be, honestly.  It does seem like the second time almost always wins.  Since they have the first team standing there watching, I can’t accuse them of editing it that way.  Unless they film the reaction after the fact.  Anyway, we also had another team quit because of the fear of heights.  I wonder what happened with the other team.  I didn’t quite see.

Legends of Tomorrow – If I didn’t know any better, I would have said that was the series finale.  But we’ve got a new episode coming next week, as t’d up by the cliffhanger.  But what happened to Gary?

Batwoman – You know I love Alice, so the fact that she got so much screen time was great.  But I loved all the little moments.  They were really working on bringing everything together toward the season finale.  I’m worried about where they are going to go with Alice next season, of course.  But I’m very worried about what they are going to do next week.  Things are very bad for our heroes.  But something tells me that buzzer will make Marcus forget everything he now knows so the secrets will be safe.  We’ll see if that happens.

The Amazing Race – I am so glad there was one last non-elimination leg!  Especially after one of those needle in a haystack challenges.  I hate those.  And, while the teams still finished in their groupings (just reverse order), they really did all have a shot after the rock challenge.  Not really surprised everyone went with the plates.  I can see how that would be therapeutic after the first part of the day.  I’ve got to say, I’m getting tired of the dad.  He needs to calm down when talking to his daughter.

United States of Al – I’ve missed this show.  Some fun laughs in all three stories and some nice character moments, too.  I wouldn’t say it is hilarious, but it is warm and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.