Monday, February 21, 2022

Ornament Review: Alice in Wonderland 70th Anniversary - 2021 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Unique scene colorfully done
Cons: Blush on Alice’s cheek, tip
The Bottom Line:
Anniversary piece
Puts Alice among flowers
Pretty, but it tilts



It’s Almost a Golden Afternoon with This Ornament

2021 was the 70th anniversary for Alice in Wonderland.  As Hallmark does, they created an ornament to celebrate.  While I like it, it could have been a little better.

The ornament features Alice talking to the flowers she meets along the way.  It’s a scene that I enjoy that doesn’t get as much love as some of the other scenes and characters do, so I was happy to see it.  Alice is leaning over to talk to one flower while three smaller flowers are brushing up against her dress.  Alice is standing on the grass the flowers are coming up from.

At first glance, this is a great looking ornament.  The colors of the flowers are vibrant, and everyone is captured like they look in the movie.  However, when I looked closer at Alice’s face, I noticed that her rosy cheeks are a bit too rosy.  I don’t know if I just got a bad paint job or what, but they look bad.  The flowers also have rosy cheeks, and they look natural, so that’s what leads me to believe it might be my ornament.  Either way, it is a minor issue.

Since Alice and the flowers are in the grass, the ornament has a nice flat base, and you can use it with any display you would like year-round.

The loop to hang the ornament is on top of Alice’s head.  Unfortunately, when you go to hang the ornament, you’ll find that it tips toward the largest flower.  It’s quite noticeable, too.  I’m not sure where else they could have put the loop to keep the ornament straight when it hangs.  It’s hard to hide it with tree branches, but if you get creative you can do it.

It’s a shame the ornament tips like it does because I like the ornament overall.  If you are a fan of Alice in Wonderland, you’ll be glad you tracked it down for your collection as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.