Saturday, September 21, 2024

September 21st's Weekly TV Thoughts

The new TV season is slowly starting.  Definitely had more to watch this week than last week.  I'm going to give a scripted show or two a try this upcoming week (haven't completely decided on one of them for sure).

Moonflower Murder – I was smiling so much while watching this.  I didn’t realize just how much I’d fallen in love with Susan as a character.  I’m happy to be back and am curious where the story will go and how her life is going to play out.  I’m struggling with the 1950’s part again.  Hopefully, I can track two sets of characters better going forward.

Dancing with the Stars – It’s already easy to see who is going to go the distance, isn’t it.  My early money is on the gymnast to win just because he was so popular from the Olympics.  I’m sorry to see Tori Spelling so near the bottom.  Not surprised, but I was hoping she’d do a little better.  I feel sorry for the new pro since he’s paired with someone no one will be voting for, so I’m sure he’ll be leaving early.

Survivor – Seriously, not one reference to this being season forty-several?  I’m disappointed.  (If you watched last season, you know what I’m talking about.)  Interesting that they had two podcasters this season.  I can sympathize with Jon feeling old when he makes references to things people don’t get.  I’m also definitely sympathizing with Andy.  I really think I would have an epic meltdown like that myself.  Which is why I never apply for the show.

The Challenge – Obviously, I don’t have the background on this Laurel/Cara drama.  I don’t think either of them is completely right, but at this point, I’m rooting for Cara a bit more.  Laurel seems too ego driven to me.  I’m sure it’s much more complicated than that, but this seems to be what is dividing the first two eras.  But they are right, if they don’t start winning and throwing eras 3 and 4 into the sand, they are all going to go one by one.

Press Your Luck – I guess Whammy was lulling us all into a false sense of security with the first round.  Then again, they didn’t have very many spins thanks to those early guesses.  But it’s been a while since I’ve seen the bonus round end with someone Whamming out of the game.

I'm linking up to The Sunday Watch.  If you are popping over from there and want to see what movies I reviewed this week, check out my Death is Listening and Venom: Let There Be Carnage reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.