Monday, September 9, 2024

Ornament Review: Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows - 2024 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great ornament for the last Harry Potter novel
Cons: None for me
The Bottom Line:
Final Harry book
Gets the ornament treatment
With part in 3D




Unofficially, This Harry Potter Ornament Series Ends

While Hallmark never made it an official series, we haven’t missed a year of ornaments based on Harry Potter book covers.  I’ve enjoyed collecting them, and I’m sorry to see the series ending with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Like the others, this is a representation of the book cover with a 3D element.  If you are familiar with the cover of the book, you’ll know what to expect here.  We’ve got Harry in front of a building.  He’s got one arm up in the air.  Harry himself is coming off the cover.  The back of the ornament has the back cover of the book, but nothing is popping out.  While the book doesn’t open, the sides do look like the pages of a closed book.

Once again, this is a fun way for a book fan, and especially a fan of these books, to add them to their Christmas tree.  I love it.

Many of the others in the series would stand on their own since the ornament is basically a book.  That’s not the case here.  Harry’s robes are sticking out just slightly below the edges of the cover, so it won’t stand.  You wouldn’t want to try to force it to rest of those bits of plastic either.

The good news is, the ornament hangs straight when you go to put it on your tree.

As I said, this was never an official series, so there is no series marker anywhere on the ornament.

Of course, there is the possibility that this series will extend one more year.  I’m wondering if they intend to release an ornament for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.  The script for the play was released in book form, after all.  But it doesn’t have a similar cover to how the rest of these have looked.  It will be interesting to see what they do in 2025.

Whether the series goes one more year or stops here, I’m glad I’ve added these Harry Potter books to my collection.  Fans of the series will want to make sure Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is in their collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.