Friday, September 25, 2026

September 25th's Friday Fun

I'm working on rebranding my posts on Sunday, so I thought it was time to think about rebranding my Friday posts as well.  I'm going with Friday Fun this week.  But we'll see what I'm thinking next week.

No matter what I call it, I'll still be linking up to:

First Line Friday
Friday Book Snippets
Book Blogger Hop

For the first two, I'll be pulling snippets from Mrs. Claus and the Fatal Figgy Pudding by Liz Ireland.

If you've been around my blog for very long, you know how much I adore this series.  If you are new, you need to know that, yes, this is the real Mrs. Claus up at the North Pole we are talking about.

This is book seven in the series, and here's how it begins:

If you've never experienced it, beginning your day with the castle's principal footman bringing you a tray of coffee and a bit of fresh pastry is an incredible luxury.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but switch in hot chocolate, and I'd agree.  Sounds absolutely wonderful.

This second teaser is coming from 50-60% of the book.  I read a physical ARC and I don't remember which page number it was on since I copied it over to a note file.  When I read it, I knew I had to use this quote:

For days, apparently, I'd been at the center of a soap opera. I was the Susan Lucci of Santaland and I didn't even know it.

What's that all about?  You're going to have to read the book to find out.  It comes out on Tuesday, and my review will be up then.

Now, let's move over to this week's Book Blogger Hop.  The question is:

What’s the best investment you’ve made for your blog?

Since this is a free blog thanks to Blogger/Google, I haven't invested much money.  It's mainly been time.  Lots and lots of time.  I'm only partially joking when I refer to my blog as a second full time unpaid job.

Having said that, I am still really happy with the graphic I made for my Weekly TV Thoughts posts that I put up every Saturday.  If you haven't seen it, I hope you'll stop by tomorrow.  Or scroll down to last week's Saturday post.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love the second snippet! Time is our most precious asset. Using it for something you enjoy is the best. I think for most book bloggers, it’s a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.