Friday, September 4, 2026

September 4th's Friday Post

We are easing into a long weekend, at least here in the states.  Let's kick things off with a Friday Post, where I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

Before we get on with the rest of the post, I do want to thank Gilion at Rose City Readers who has hosted Book Beginnings for years.  She is stepping down, but I appreciate you keeping this running for so long.  I always enjoy it when I participate.  I know I wasn't an every week participant, but I did participate quite a bit since I found it.

The good news is we have a new host.  Olivia at Bemused and Bookish is going to pick up the mantel.  Thanks for keeping it going!

Okay, with that out of the way, shall we get to this week's post?  My teasers for the first three will be coming from Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing by Heather Day Gilbert.


This is the second in the Exotic Pet-Sitter Mysteries.

And here's how it begins:

Rainy weather was an introvert’s best friend.

It's hard to argue with that.  Staying inside while it is raining is so super cozy.  I don't want to get out and do much, but I'll watch it rain for hours out my window.  While this may not be an action opening sentence, I obviously did like it.

Meanwhile, over at 56% into my ebook, we find this:

I’d only been in the chicken coop for two minutes when it became clear that some days, the chickens could be an even bigger handful than a pack of wolves.

Now, what's going on with the chickens?

I'll be reviewing the book on Tuesday, so I hope you'll come back to see what I thought.

Let's move on to this week's Book Blogger Hop.  The question is:

What book do you think deserves more love but flies under the radar?

I'm going to cheat and go with series and list two of them.

Up first is Cathy Wiley's Fatal Food Festivals, starting with Claws of Death.  The main character is a former celebrity chef now working the food festival circuit as a guest judge.  Naturally, she keeps getting involved in murders.  The books have food, laughs, and a great group of recurring characters.  What's not to love?

The other series is the Bucket List Mysteries from Ryan Rivers.  The first official book is Aerobics Can Be Deadly, but the first story is the novella Arbor Day Can Be Deadly.  This series features unlikely friends solving mysteries in a small town in Texas.  I laugh so hard while reading them, but the characters are so strong.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.