It's the weekend, so it's time for this week's weekend catch-up (now spelled correctly. Oops!) I'll be linking up to:
Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?
You didn't think it was really fall, did you? We here in Southern California know better than to believe that nonsense. It's been slowly climbing into the 90's all week. It was 99 on Friday and we might hit triple digits this weekend.
You'd better believe I went paddle boarding on Saturday. We are about to hit Santa Anna wind season, when I won't want to go. And, if the long term forecast is to be believed, it's going to be a very rainy winter, so that might keep me from going much. Got to get out there while I can. I tried to get out there before it got too hot, but I didn't succeed. Still fun, however.
Other than that, not too much of excitement going on around here. Most of this week was fiscal month end at work, so it was busy. Other than that, I read and watched TV. My renewal for my car came this week, and I needed to get a smog check, so I did that after I went paddle boarding on Saturday. They were quick - I only got one chapter read while waiting for them.
Pun-Official Holiday of the Week:
This Past Week on the Blog:
This Coming Week on the Blog:
Book Haul:
Settle in. I've got books to talk about this week. Five of them, to be specific.
First up in The Nightingale Detective Agency by Denise Devine. A woman PI in the 1920's? Sounds promising. Free? I'll definitely give that a try! A friend of the author was giving in away in her newsletter, so I snagged a copy.
Speaking of free, I also had two requests come in from the library. Up first is 'Tis the Season to be Scary by Vicki Delany. I wasn't fast enough to snag an ARC (her publisher takes them on Netgalley early!), but one of the library systems I have access to had it. It came out almost a month ago, which shows how many requests there were in for it. The timing is perfect, however. Even though this is the Year-Round Christmas series, the book is set at Halloween.
The other library book is Death Walked In, the next Death on Demand Mystery from Carolyn Hart. I'll confess I had hoped to have it for my drive to and from the concert last weekend, but someone else was still listening to it. Not quite sure when I will start it, but it will be soon.
I also snagged an ARC of #TreatYourself to Murder, the next Trending Topics Mystery from Sarah E. Burr. It comes out at the end of the month, and it's Christmas themed. I'm looking forward to diving into it soon.Finally, The Three Dahlias caught my eye not that long about. It's about the three actresses who have played a fictional detective finding themselves involved in a murder. This week, the book went on sale for 99 cents. You know me. I can't pass that up.
What I'm Currently Reading:
As I'm typing this, I'm currently 40% into Death in Luxor, the fourth Intrepid Traveler Mystery from M.A. Monnin. As always with this series, I'm enjoying it. It's making me want to go visit Egypt - without the dead bodies, of course. But I'm going to have to get to reading if I am going to finish it on Sunday like I'm hoping to do.
If I stick to my original plan, Monday, I'll be working on 'Tis the Season to be Scary by Vicki Delany. I know there are still lots of people waiting on this one, so I want to be mindful of how quickly I can get it read and returned to the library.
That's it for me. Have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.