Friday, October 2, 2026

October 2nd's Friday Fun

It's Friday, so that must mean it is time for Friday Fun.  I'll be linking up to:

First Line Friday
Friday Book Snippets
Book Blogger Hop

My teasers for the first two are coming from The Case of the Case of Kilcladdich by P.J. Fitzsimmons.


Yes, that title is a mouthful.  This is book six in the Anty Boisjoly Mysteries, which are set in 1920's England.  They are very funny mysteries, as you'll see from the quotes.

The plot kicked off right from the first line:

“My uncle couldn't meet you himself, Mister Boisjoly — he’s blown himself up.”

That's a beginning that will catch your attention, right?

I've got two other quotes to share because I couldn't decide between the two.  Here's the first:

“Did you do it?”
“I did not,” I confessed, for now was a time for candour. “But I respect your initiative very much. You never know when you might catch out the guilty party with a surprise direct question."

And here's the second:

“Killing a chap, in my eerily broad experience of the field, is among the worst ways to get him to tell you a secret.”

I hope those give you a sense of the humor in the book.

My review will be up on Wednesday, so please come back to see what I thought.

Let's switch over to this week's Book Blogger Hop.  The question is:

As a book lover, what’s your biggest fear?

I'm sure I won't be the only one, but I most fear losing my sight.  Yes, I could read via audiobooks, but not all the authors I like come out on audio.

And on that cheery note, have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Those are excellent quotes! The beginning line really gets your attention, and the other two snippets are both entertaining. I can see why you couldn’t choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book fear made me think of that famous "Twilight Zone" episode "Time Enough at Last"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an excellent book! I love that type of humour!

    I hadn't considered that! Silly really as I wear glasses and my eyesight is getting worse all the time.

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2026/10/02/book-blogger-hop-as-a-book-lover-whats-your-biggest-fear/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a very real book lover’s fear, especially when there are authors you enjoy whose books aren’t available in audio. I think I’d miss the simple pleasure of sitting down and actually reading a book too. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.