Sunday, March 16, 2014

Cookie Review: Marshmallow Crispy Oreo



Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Sweet flavor
Cons: Too sweet at times, misses target Rice Crispy Flavor
The Bottom Line:
Taste disappointing
Misses target flavor and
A little too sweet



Interesting Idea Doesn't Quite Work in the Execution

I can't seem to resist new flavors of old classics.  I enjoy Oreos, but that meant I had to try the limited edition Marshmallow Crispy Oreo I spotted in a store recently.  Unfortunately, they'd don't live up to the promise.

While no where is it stated on the package, these are obviously supposed to taste like Rice Crispy Treats.  How do I know that?  While the title is a clue, the big picture of one on the package is a bigger giveaway.  And occasionally if I really concentrate, I can taste it from the cookies.  But usually, I can't.

Instead, I get a very sweet flavor with maybe a hint of marshmallow in there.  It's sweet to the point of almost being sickening, which is a shame since I wanted to like these cookies, but there's no real substitute for the real Rice Crispy Treats.

These are the Oreo vanilla cookies they've started making in recent years with the fake marshmallow (aka white) center.  That's one reason it just becomes too sweet I think.  And the vanilla overpowers the center most of the time.

Of course, being cookies, these are no remotely healthy or good for you.  2 cookies contain 140 calories and no vitamins at all.  The ingredients do list flour, but the rest isn't that good for you either like sugar and oils.

Between the disappointing flavor how bad these are for you, it's easy to skip the Marshmallow Crispy Oreo.  I know I won't be tempted in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.