Sunday, March 9, 2014

Ornament Review: It's the Easter Beagle - Happiness if Peanuts All Year Long #9 - 2014 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Fun sculpt to make you smile
Cons: Eggs in basket could be better
The Bottom Line:
Hopping down the trail
And leaving eggs in his wake
Easter Beagle fun



Here Comes the Easter Beagle to Deliver Eggs, Charlie Brown

I definitely feel that Snoopy makes too many appearances in the Happiness is Peanuts All Year Long series from Hallmark.  He shows up four times, and it seems like they could have given a couple of those spots to other characters.  However, there are two ornaments I knew would be Snoopy, and It's the Easter Beagle is one of them.

For this ornament, Snoopy is skipping through a grassy field.  He’s got one foot on a small circle painted like grass and the other in the air.  He’s got a blue egg with purple stripes on it in one hand, and a basket in the other.  Inside the basket are a few eggs.  He’s got his head in the air, his ear are up, and there's a grin on his face like he’s having the time of his life.

An interesting note is that this is the first Snoopy ornament I’m aware of that doesn’t include Woodstock.  Just something I noticed while I was looking at it.

The only flaw I can find with the ornament are the eggs in the basket.  They are supposed to be half buried in grass in the basket, so we only see half of them.  Still, they just look small and like an almost forgotten to me.  However, considering the size of the ornament, I don’t think they could have done them any better.  Besides, you’ll probably rarely look inside the basket anyway.

Overall, this ornament makes me smile.  Snoopy looks like he’s having such a great time it’s hard not to enjoy it.

This is the first ornament in the series to feature a background with recognizable Peanuts characters on it.  The background has a field on it with several eggs that Snoopy, I mean the Easter Beagle, has already left behind.  Linus, Charlie Brown, Lucy, and Peppermint Patty are racing across the field to pick up the eggs.

Because they planted Snoopy on a nice field of grass in the ornament itself (all the better to tie into the background), there is a nice flat surface, so standing the ornament on a shelf is no problem at all.  The bottom also has the 9 in a Christmas tree, denoting its place in the series.

However, mine once again has the hook turned the proper way for hanging the ornament from the optional display stand.  (I feel like Hallmark listened to fan complaints here or something.)  When you hang him he hangs…actually, with the angle he's skipping at, it's a little hard to tell.  But the ornament looks good standing or hanging.  I certainly plan to hang him from the stand in the future.

And how can you celebrate Easter without the Easter Beagle?  Okay, so I have for most of my life, but it’s something I plan to change now that I have It's the Easter Beagle.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Happiness is Peanuts All Year Long series.

Original Price: $12.95

2 comments:

  1. I definitely feel that Snoopy makes too many appearances in the Happiness is Peanuts All Year Long series from Hallmark. He shows up four ... beagleornament.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And considering the other characters who didn't even show up at all, that is definitely too many. But he had to show up in this one.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.