Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Ornament Review: Yoda - Lego Star Wars - 2013 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Yoda, Light saber, and Lego.  Need I say more?
Cons: A bit on the large size (but so are other Lego ornaments)
The Bottom Line:
Yoda takes his turn
Standing on the Lego blocks
Christmas for the geeks



Now as Lego Ornament, I Am

As much as I loved Legos growing up (and I certainly enjoyed them), the sets they have based on popular movies and characters are so great.  No, I haven't actually bought any of them (although I have been tempted).  I've just stuck to the Lego video games, and the Lego Star Wars Hallmark ornaments.  Yoda was the subject of the 2013 ornament, and he was fun.

In keeping with the Lego theme, these ornaments are big and blocky.  If you want something more artistic, stick with the Yoda that came out a couple years ago as part of the Star Wars series.  However, I like this because it gives a different feel to the character and it ties in to the unofficial series they have going on.

Having said that, Yoda's head is perfect.  It's green and round, and his pointy ears stick out at the correct angle.  They've even got his gray hair sticking out the back in hard plastic.  His body is a typical Lego body painted to look like Yoda as a Jedi master.  And his yellow legs and green hands are typical Lego legs and hands as well.  In his right hand, he's holding a light saber that is powered on.  Both feet are firmly planted on a gray Lego block with Lego Star Wars painted on the front.

Again, if you are looking for something more like Yoda, you'll be disappointed.  But this ornament is exactly as described - Lego Yoda.  He does seem a bit on the large side, but I've felt that way about all the ornaments in this unofficial series, and I've still liked them.

Because Yoda is standing on that Lego block, he's got a steady base you can use if you want to leave him out all year long.  He'll sit just fine on any flat surface where you might want to display him.

Of course, he is designed to be hung on a Christmas tree.  It's no surprise to me that he is very balanced.  He tips forward slightly, but not enough to be an issue at all.

So if you are looking for some ultra geeky fun to add to your Christmas tree, I highly recommend tracking down Lego Yoda.  You'll be enjoying him for years to go.

Original Price: $14.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.