Thursday, March 20, 2014

Reading Challenge: Spring Reading Things 2014 and Spring Into a Good Book 2014

It's the first day of Spring.  Now, at the risk of making everyone else mad, I will admit that we've had a very mild winter.  In fact today might be the coldest day of the month, and it's supposed to be in the 70's again.  I can't completely enjoy it since California is in such a bad drought, but it's hard to complain about weather this nice.

But anyway, being Spring, that means it is time to sign up for Spring Reading Thing for 2014.  Once again, The Musings of a Book Addict is hosting.

I'll admit I am also going to join Spring Into a Good Book, which is a very similar reading challenge hosted by Book Dragon's Lair.  Why not, right?

The rules?  Make a list and read the books.  Easy enough, right?  Fortunately, it's okay if you change books part way through or only get to a fraction.  In all my years of doing the Spring Reading Thing and it's twin Fall Into Reading, I've only finished my list twice.  Once, I purposely made a small list.  The other, I was unemployed, so it was easy to spend lots of time reading.  I'm actually unemployed right now, so that might help me in the early weeks of Spring, but hopefully it won't last the entire three months.

Reviews are optional, but of course I will be reviewing the books I do finish right here.

So what will I be trying to read during this time?

Current Read:

Let the Storm Break by Shannon Messenger (and yes, I'm starting it today).

Left Over from Fall Into Reading 2013:

Bran New Death by Victoria Hamilton
Gluten for Punishment by Nancy J. Parra
Dead Man's Switch by Tammy Kaehler
Melissa Explains it All by Melissa Joan Hart

New Books by Favorite Authors Coming This Spring:

Inherit the Word by Daryl Wood Garber
Veronica Mars: The Thousand Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham
Ghost of a Gamble by Sue Ann Jaffarian
Kingdom Keepers VII by Ridley Pearson
Blue Sea Burning by Geoff Rodkey
Poached by Stuart Gibbs
Death of a Mad Hatter by Jenn McKinney
Unlucky 13 by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
Death Runs Adrift by Karen MacInerney
Mr. Monk is Open for Business by Hy Conrad

Books I've Agreed to Read for Review:

'Til Dirt Do Us Part by Edith Maxwell
Basil Instinct by Shelley Costa
Sense of Entitlement by Anna Loan-Wilsey

That's 18 books.  If I were smart, I'd stop there.  But let's go on to

Other Books I'd Like to Read:

Cover of Snow by Jenny Milchman
Clobbered by Camembert by Avery Aames
Death in Four Courses by Lucy Burdette
I Even Funnier by James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein
Clammed Up by Barbara Ross

And the list could go on, but I'm going to cap it here for the time being.  I will be very happy if I make it this far this Spring, and if I do, I'll be adding other books to my list.  If not, well, these will carry over into Summer and Fall.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd better get reading.

4 comments:

  1. Great and ambitious link. So glad you joined me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you weren't supposed to find me until I added two more books. I mean, if I've got a request for it at the library, it should probably hit my list, right?

      Delete
  2. Ambitious. I've got 23 books on my list and I'm really hoping it doesn't grow between now and June 20. So on your mark, get set, READ!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you are almost as ambition as I am. Good luck with your own list. (And I hear you about the list growing. That's something I often have to fight.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.