Monday, July 21, 2014

What's on My Nightstand - July 2014

We've hit the fourth Tuesday of the month, which means it is time for What on Your Nightstand.

I can tell you what is coming off my nightstand - The Good, the Bad, and the Emus by Donna Andrews.  As in I just finished it 10 minutes ago.  It's the latest in her Meg Langslow comedic mystery series.  Not the best in the series, but still lots of fun.  My full review will be up later this week once I've had a chance to write it.

Coming up next, I will be reading The 101 Dalmatians by Dodie Smith.  I'll be reading it for the Classic Book Club hosted by Reading to Know.  I've never been a part of this book club before, but this seemed like a good excuse to reread the book.  I read it close to 20 years ago, so it will be interesting to see what I remember of the book.  I'll be posting that review on Sunday, if all goes according to plan.

After that?  I'll be working away on my goal of eventually reviewing all the books in the Trixie Belden series.  Up next?  #25, The Sasquatch Mystery.  From there it will be a book that a friend from Australia gave me months ago.  I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I haven't read it yet.  Finally, I will be reading the fourth Cheese Shop Mystery by Avery Aames, To Brie or Not to Brie.

That should carry me into August.  From there, I've got some new releases by favorite authors I'll need to get my hands on.  I'm still hoping to get in some Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books.  And I have another couple series I want to reread, not to mention I still have a towering pile of new books screaming my name.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd better get reading.

13 comments:

  1. Love the variety! I may have to check out The Sasquatch Mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should warn you that particular book is one of the lesser books in the Trixie series. It's not bad, but it's not all that great either.

      Delete
  2. It's been a very long time since I read 101 Dalmations too. Should be a fun read for you. I read many, many Nancy Drew books a long time ago too and loved every one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks on both fronts. I must admit to liking Trixie more than Nancy overall, but Nancy can still be quite fun.

      Delete
  3. 101 Dalmations is a fun book - different from the Disney movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember it being different, but I don't remember exactly how it was different, with the exception of Perdie. So far, that's the only difference I've found.

      Delete
  4. Somehow I never read Trixie Belden that I remember growing up. I've never read 101 Dalmatians and was sad to miss it for the Classics book club. Maybe I'll get to it some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer. You should definitely read it some time. It's fast and fun.

      Delete
  5. I have never read 101 Dalmations - perhaps I need to add it to my To Read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost half way through my reread, and it is fun.

      Delete
  6. I started on The One Hundred and One Dalmations a little later than I would have liked - but I've been pleased to see that it's a quick and entertaining read. I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it tonight. I enjoyed rereading it.

      Delete
  7. :D I'm glad you are reading along with us for 101 Dalmatians. The kids and I started it yesterday and we're going to have to blaze through it a bit. Love the writing.

    And one of these days I really will get back to Trixie Belden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.