Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Ornament Reivew: Cookie Cutter Halloween - 2015 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute scene creatively presented for Halloween
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
Mouse trick or treating
Halloween decoration
Non-scary and fun




Wonderful Halloween Series Compliment

I don’t not collect Halloween ornaments.  And denial is just a river in Egypt.  Hallmark has been slowly sucking me into collecting Halloween ornaments the last few years since they’ve been releasing compliments to series I already collect that are Halloween themed.  Cookie Cutter Halloween marks this year’s addition to my collection, and I just had to buy it.

In case you aren’t familiar with the popular Cookie Cutter Christmas series, each ornament features a mouse participating in some Christmas tradition.  The twist?  The scene is actually inside a different shaped cookie cutter.

They’ve kept that idea alive for this series compliment.  The cookie cutter is shaped like a pumpkin.  No surprise there, right?  Inside, the mouse is out trick or treating.  She’s dressed up as a witch in black cape and hat and is approaching a door in a tree.  One thing I love about this series is the way they incorporate candy into the design.  In this case, the door is made out of a reddish cracker, there is licorice around the door, candy corn on either side of the door, and the step up to the door is an Oreo cookie.

All of the designs in this series are so incredibly cute, and this one is no exception.  It’s why I knew I had to buy it.  The picture is wonderful and the way it is presented in the cookie cutter shape is just so creative.  I could certainly never do that.  While I don’t really decorate for Halloween, I had to get this ornament.  Yes, it is partially the completest in me - I must have all of a series.  But I could skip this one if I didn’t like it, which means I really do like it enough that I had to buy it.

Looking at this ornament, I never would have guessed you could set it out to be displayed since there is a small bump at the bottom of the ornament.  However, the cookie cutter is wide enough that it actually does stand up.  It makes me wonder if the rest of the series can be displayed standing up like this.  Since I don’t have any way to hang Halloween ornaments, this is nice since it gives me a way to display the ornament in October.

Of course, if you want to hang the ornament, there is a loop at the top of the pumpkin’s stem.  The ornament does tip back slightly when hung, but that’s a minor issue.

I knew as soon as I saw a picture that I’d want to get Cookie Cutter Halloween, and the final result was perfect.  This is an ornament to enjoy for Octobers to come.

Be sure to check out the other cute ornaments in the Cookie Cutter Christmas series.

Original Price: $14.95

2 comments:

  1. This is just happiness in a nutshell...or should I say cookie cutter? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.