Sunday, August 30, 2015

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril X Challenge

Somehow, I have missed the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril challenge for the last nine years.  But I found it in time for the 10th edition, so here I am for R.I.P X.  It's being hosted this year at Estella Society.

So, what's this challenge?  Between September 1 and October 31, read books related to horror, suspense, or mystery.  I know, right?  Could this be any more up my ally?

Which is why I am signing up for Peril the First, which is to read four books that fit within the category.  I might not chose which four I'm going to count for this so I can pick some that might be a little scarier than others.  It's too bad I've already read Lord of the Wings and Trick or Deceit (review and giveaway coming on Thursday) since, being Halloween books, they'd both fit in so well.  I might also work in a review of the Scream Queens pilot.  Again, too bad I've already reviewed the few scary movies I've watched.

I'm looking forward to a RIP couple of months.

1. Move Your Blooming Corpse by D. E. Ireland
2. Just Killing Time by Julianne Holmes
3. The Mystery of the Whispering Witch by Kathryn Kenny
4. The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
5. A Skeleton in the Family by Leigh Perry

Movie:

I Know What You Did Last Summer

2 comments:

  1. RIP is my favorite book event of the year. You'll have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered it, too. I'm going for level 2 since I've got a bunch of unrelated ARCs to read also. The button is what caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.