Sunday, June 12, 2016

Cookie Review: White Fudge Chunky Chips Ahoy!



Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Good size chunks of chocolate and white fudge
Cons: Generally sweet yet undefined flavor.
The Bottom Line:
These cookies are sweet
But they need other flavors
To compliment sweet

Sweet, But This Isn’t Really Fudge

As a fan of Chips Ahoy!, I’ve long been curious about their White Fudge Chunky flavor.  After all, I do appreciate white chocolate (although milk chocolate is my favorite) and I love fudge.  I finally grab a package and bit into one of them expectantly.  Unfortunately, I was disappointed.

As the chunky name implies, the cookies feature chunks of chocolate instead of the more traditional and smaller chips.  Yes, they do have chips as well, but the chunks are definitely noticeable.  These also feature chunks of the white chocolate fudge that is in the title.  These are the original, crunchy type cookie, not the chewy variety that I actually do prefer, but that’s a minor issue.

The real issue is with the white chocolate portion of the cookie.  Maybe I’m expecting too much from it, but it just tastes sweet.  It’s an unidentifiable sweetness, not really white chocolate and definitely not fudge.

The result isn’t bad, but it’s not that great either.  I was expecting something with more flavor but that’s not at all what I got here.  After trying it, I must confess I started trying to remember if I’d ever had white fudge before.  Maybe that’s my problem and I was just expecting something else.

Either way, I think what we’ve learned is that I prefer traditional chocolate chip cookies instead of the varieties that Chips Ahoy! tries to create.  White Fudge Chunky wasn’t bad, but it didn’t live up to my expectations either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.