Friday, June 17, 2016

June 17th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We've made it to another Friday, which means it is time for another book beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring Murder on Astor Place by Victoria Thompson.

                                                           


I must confess, I've had this book for years, and I'm just now getting around to reading it.  And I finished it within the last half hour, too.  I'm aiming for the review to be up on Friday of next week.

But for today's purposes, we are going with a couple of teasers, starting with the first line:
At first Sarah thought the tinkling of the bell was part of her dream.

And jumping ahead to page 56, we find:

But Sarah couldn't imagine why Alicia VanDamn, a child of wealth and privilege, had seemed to troubled.  Now she might never find out.

That's it for this week.  Hope you have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I recently read this one too. Same situation, it had been on my stack for years. Come see what book I chose this week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had this book as long as you, Mark, but also hadn't gotten around to reading it. I put it on my 20 Books of Summer Challenge list, so -- hopefully -- I'll be right behind you reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have at least 3 books from this series on my shelf for who knows how long and I'm embarrassed to say I haven't read even one! This sounds really good. I'm wondering why Alicia is so troubled too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I'd seen this somewhere. It was on Kathy's blog! Looks like a good one. When does the story take place. Sounds like it might be an earlier period?

    My Friday 56 from Headed For Trouble

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so intrigued by that 56. I also am reminded of how awkward that sleep stage is, where you're not sure if you're dreaming or awake. Sounds like a good read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like an interesting series. I look forward to your review. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.