Saturday, January 7, 2017

Ornament Review: Winter Fun with Snoopy #9 - Ice Fishing - 2006 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute, fun, creative
Cons: Doesn’t work as well if you set it out
The Bottom Line:
Peppermint fishing
Might not catch that many fish
Sure is fun for us




How Many Fish Have a Sweet Tooth?

While I’ve been enjoying the Winter Fun with Snoopy series, the ninth entry is by far my hands down favorite.  It has that touch of fun that puts it over the top and takes ice fishing to a whole new level.

Yes, Snoopy and Woodstock are out fishing this winter.  Snoopy is sitting on the ice (clear plastic) and holding his fishing pole.  Woodstock is sitting on the end of the fishing pole.  Snoopy’s got a purple hat and scarf on, and he’s sitting next to the saw he used to cut a hole in the ice.  He’s waiting for a bite with his line and hook dangling through the hole.

And that hook?  Why, a candy cane of course.  And that right there is why I love this ornament so much.  Don’t get me wrong, the rest of the ornament looks great, and if it just had a regular hook dangling at the end of the line, I’d still like it.  But the idea that he is using a candy cane to try to catch fish is so much fun.  I smiled the first time I saw it, and I still smile at it.

This is an ornament that calls out to be hung.  You can certainly set it out.  After all, ice makes a nice flat base.  However, you’d have to pull in the line and hook from the hole, and the ornament loses something when you do that.  Fortunately, this ornament looks great hung since it hangs straight.

The series marker and copyright information are on the base, but they are hard to read.  That happens when you etch something in clear plastic.

I’ve really found the Winter Fun with Snoopy series to be cute, but this takes things to a completely new level of whimsy.  This may not really work for ice fishing, but it certainly hooked me on the ornament.

Looking for more miniature fun?  Here's the rest of the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.

Original Price: $6.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.