Saturday, February 18, 2017

Ornament Review: Winter Fun with Snoopy #12 - Exchanging Presents - 2009 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Another cute Christmas scene
Cons: Noticeable tip
The Bottom Line:
Exchanging presents
Snoopy, Woodstock in cute scene
Worth a second look




What’s More Fun than Presents?

Hallmark has done a good job of mixing in general winter activities with Christmas related activities for their Winter Fun with Snoopy series.  The twelfth in the series is definitely Christmas related as we find Snoopy ready to give his friend Woodstock a present.

Snoopy has shown up at Woodstock’s nest.  Woodstock is sitting on one side and his tree is taking up most of the nest.  Snoopy is looking in, and behind his back, he’s holding a wrapped box.  Both of the friends are smiling as they talk, Woodstock doesn’t even know he’s about to get a big surprise.  I mean, the box has to be as big as he is.

This was one of the first miniature ornaments I bought when I first started collecting Hallmark ornaments.  (It came out in 2009, and I started in 2010.)  Back then, I didn’t care for it that much.  I was expecting the details you’d see on a full size ornament.

Something has clicked for me this year, and I’m enjoying the miniature ornaments a lot more (which is why I back collected this series this year).  Taking a second look at this one, I can appreciate it more.  While Woodstock’s tree doesn’t really have any decorations, the glitter for the snow adds a nice touch.  We can’t see all the details to his nest, we can see some, and that just amazes me with something this small.  It’s about an inch side to side and an inch tall, so there isn’t a ton of space for the details we do get.

Like most ornaments in this series, there is a flat base, so you can easily set it out if you have a good space to do so.  Again, remember the size.  You’ll find the 12 in a Christmas tree on the bottom of the ornament.

Unfortunately, this ornament does have a tilt to it.  It tips to the right and to the back.  It’s fairly noticeable, and it’s harder to disguise it with a tree branch since this ornament is so small.

The tip is disappointing, but the scene is cute overall.  I’m glad I’ve taken a second look at the twelfth Winter Fun with Snoopy ornament.

There's plenty more fun with the rest of the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.

Original Price: $8.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.