Friday, September 15, 2017

September 15th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Here we are again - Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is Whispers of Warning by Jessica Estevao.

                                                             


Yes, there's a bit of the paranormal in this historical mystery, but I enjoyed it.  Normally, I wouldn't go for that, but the light dose here adds a fun touch.

But I'm getting into the review when I should be teasing the book.  Here's how it opens:
The atmosphere of the suffrage rally had far more in common with a medicine show performance than the attendants would likely have enjoyed hearing.

I'm cheating a bit with the 56 this week.  Page 56 is the start of a new chapter that's describing the dining room.  Not a bad page, but not really anything you can use as a teaser.  However, this line that ends the chapter on page 55 is pretty good.

"I just hope inviting them isn't at the bottom of Honoria's dream."

I'll be reviewing this book, with a giveaway, on Tuesday, so I hope you'll come back for my complete thoughts.

Have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Naughty boy, cheating lol

    Sounds like an interesting read. Good choice.

    Here is mine http://bit.ly/2vX9rVO

    I didn't play last week as my laptop died. Like Dr Who - it's now regenerated lol

    Luv Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finding a little light paranormal doesn't bother me like it use to. I enjoyed this on as well. I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine. . . http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsSOD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good. I do like paranormal in my mysteries. I'm featuring Sleep Like a Baby by Charlaine Harris this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this book around and it looks interesting!

    Here’s my Friday 56!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like one I might enjoy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy paranormal elements. This sounds entertaining. And that cover is splendid, Mark.

    My Friday 56 for From The Grave

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely be looking this up! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy a little paranormal in my mysteries sometimes if it's well done so that's intriguing! I'm curious about the teasers so I'm looking forward to your review to see if this is a book for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.