Saturday, December 2, 2017

December 2nd's Weekly TV Thoughts

I did it!  I managed to get completely caught up on TV this week.  You might think I pretty much did nothing but watch TV after work.  And you'd be right, but I'll deny it if you ask me about it face to face.

Lethal Weapon (11/21) – When this show tries to do serious, I don’t enjoy it as much, and this was definitely the case here.  The dreams Riggs was having were just weird.  Roger can be an idiot, and his sub-plot designed to create humor just didn’t work for me.  The last few scenes were good, but overall, this wasn’t their best episode of the season.

This is Us (11/21) – Powerful!  I knew this would be a tough episode based on the tag last week (and I’m so glad we got that warning), but the way they played it out was great.  Rebecca’s scenes with the adult Kate were absolutely perfect, and once again I find myself liking Toby as they are writing him this season.  They do seem to have resolved the grief pretty quickly, or maybe that is just me, but I’m quibbling at this point.

Survivor (11/22) – So we have Joe going out of his way to be annoying so that he will be kept around, and the alliance is falling for it?  Oh man, that guy is absolutely driving me up a wall!  I can’t wait for him to go.

Arrow (11/23) – Oliver arrested?  I’m really not sure where they are going with the storyline this time since they’ve dealt with it in the past.  They are certainly playing it out longer this time.  Thea is awake!  That’s good news for sure.  And just in time for this week’s crossover.

Lethal Weapon – Now that’s more like it.  The stuff with the movie was fairly predictable, although I didn’t see that coming into play in the mystery until it happened.  Still, the laughs mostly worked.  Now, if Riggs will see that he really loves his old friend, we’ll all be better off.

This is Us – Not nearly as powerful as last week’s episode, probably because I never really warmed up to Deja since I knew she’d leave at some point this season.  Obviously, we’ve met their foster son, so I will be interested to see how that goes.  Poor Kevin is going to be in trouble when having his niece in the car wasn’t his idea or his fault.  Hopefully being arrested for drunk driving will help him straighten himself out.  I’m not enjoying his story so far this season since I don’t like train wrecks.  Of course, Kevin has a tendency to go that way anyway.

Crisis on Earth X – Yes, I’m going to handle the massive crossover in one post.  If you watched, you know they weren’t really calling it by the regular show names anyway, and I watched it all in one night.  I love these characters, and I laughed at so many of the lines.  They didn’t seem to deal with as many of the on-going storylines of the respective series this year.  We did get Barry and Iris’s wedding, although them getting married was a bit anti-climactic.  I was more surprised they gave us Oliver and Felicity’s wedding in the same way.  Heck, I’m surprised they got married so soon after them getting back together.  The really, this was about saying goodbye to Stein.  I knew the actor was leaving the show, but I was hoping he’d ride off into the sunset and get to live with his family.  I got spoiled, but even knowing that, the scenes in the final episode just about killed me.  Wow!

Survivor – They got rid of Joe!!  Okay, so it took them two hours to do it, but still, that made me so happy.  Although I would have been okay with Ben.  He is next on my chopping block for sure.  They just need to listen to me.

Designated Survivor – There were references to everything else going on, but they pretty much ignored everything else.  Looks like we will see more of these storylines going forward.  I’m most curious about this romance for Leor.

Big Bang Theory – They made it sound like the secret was bigger than that in the previews, but I really enjoyed the flashbacks and the modern story and how it all came together.  I also always enjoy seeing Zach, so those scenes were fun.  Plus, I was laughing so hard at Raj not talking to women, and Amy’s early encounter with Penny.

The Orville – I didn’t actually expect that promotion to stick, although we now have a main character in engineering, so it does make sense.  Nothing too clever or original in the storytelling, but it was fun despite a few gross out moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.