Saturday, December 23, 2017

December 23rd's Weekly TV Thoughts

'Twas the week before Christmas, and TV mostly went to reruns.  Need proof?  Look at how little I watched.  (Although why it has to all be on Wednesday night is beyond me.)

Once Upon a Time (12/15) – So Regina cast the curse again.  And Henry’s life is the reason she did and the reason she can’t break it.  How are they going to get around that?  I must say this coven of witches is making the show take a much darker turn than I felt it has before, and I’m not enthusiastic about that at all.

Ellen’s Game of Games – This looked like fun, and it was.  I think they need to show us a bit more of the actual games instead of reaction shots of Ellen laughing, especially in slow motion, but on the whole, I really enjoyed it.  Very wacky games, and I can’t wait to see what else they come up with.

Survivor – Well, I called it last week.  Ben did deserve to win after making it to the finals.  But I sure don’t like him.  He was such a poor winner for so much of the season.  The fire making twist at the end was interesting for sure.  Sounds like they will use it again when they return in the spring.  And, please, can we stop with the final tribal going so far into the “reunion” show that we have no time to talk to the majority of the cast?  It was beyond ridiculous.

The Librarians – Both of those episodes were fun, but I certainly enjoyed the second one more, mainly because jumping into a story is always fun.  And you could tell how they split up the cast since the first episode heavily featured the trio and the second one heavily featured Eve and Flynn.  Nothing wrong with that, just interesting to note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.