Friday, May 18, 2018

May 18th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We've made it to another Friday, which means it is time again for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I have a cozy mystery.  Shocking, right?  But there's a bit of a twist since the title is Murder on Moon Trek 1 by Diane Vallere.

                                                               


Yes, that's right.  This mystery has a sci fi setting.  It's a lot of fun.

Here's how the book starts:
When Moon Unit 5 kicked off its inaugural trip from my home planet of Plunia, I expected the uniform closet to be stuffed to capacity.  I just hadn't expected it to be stuffed with a body.

Moving on to page 56, we find:

"Need I remind you that you're still in my custody?"
No, you needn't," I said, with a trace of annoyance.

This is the first in a series, and it's a lot of fun.  My full review will be coming Tuesday.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. When I read the beginning, I felt like Frank Zappa's daughter was the star of the show... lol.... (If you don't know, her name is Moon Unit.)
    Happy Victoria Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently bought a copy of this one because it sounded cute. I haven't had a chance to open the covers (virtually) yet. This week I am spotlighting Triple Crown by Felix Francis. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that it's by Diane Vallere means it is going to be fun. This does looks really cute and the sci fi element sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.