Monday, May 7, 2018

Ornament Review: The Sorcerer's Apprentice - 2017 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Mickey in an iconic role
Cons: None, as long as you remember it is a mini
The Bottom Line:
Iconic Mickey
Shrunk down to miniature
Small size, big magic





Shrinking One of Mickey’s Iconic Roles

When Hallmark started putting more emphasis on miniature ornaments again, I started buying more miniature ornaments.  And I started thinking I needed some ornaments to reflect my pop culture loves on my miniature tree, especially Disney.  Hallmark must have heard me because in 2017 they release this Sorcerer’s Apprentice ornament.

This ornament captures Mickey from his classic appears in Fantasia.  He’s wearing his red robes, and he’s just put on the sorcerer’s blue hat.  He’s smiling and ready to get the broom to do his chores for him.  If he only knew what was coming.

I’ve mentioned already that this is a miniature ornament, and I do mean it.  This ornament is just about an inch tall, and that’s the biggest dimension.  Having said that, the detail is pretty impressive.  You can see folds on his robe, for example.  If you have a miniature tree to put this on, it would be perfect.

A couple of years before, Fantasia had been the pick for the ornament in the Mickey’s Movie Mousterpieces series.  As a fun note, this ornament perfectly matches that full sized ornament, just smaller.  I like that touch.  Of course, it does help that I liked the full sized ornament.

You could set this ornament out to be displayed somewhere since Mickey’s robes flow out behind him.  I’d just remind you again of the size since it would be easy to lose it if you leave it out.

Mickey tips back slightly when you hang him on your tree.  I have a mini tree, and these ornaments look great on it.  It would be harder to see on a full sized tree, but you could enjoy it there as well.

Personally, I was glad to have Mickey to add to my mini tree.  Anyone else who loves Disney won’t go wrong with this Sorcerer’s Apprentice mini ornament.

Original Price: $7.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.