Sunday, March 24, 2019

Candy Review: White Chocolate Marshmallow M&M's


Stars: 2 out of 5
Pros: Look pretty in their spring pastel colors
Cons: Bland, overwhelmingly sweet taste
The Bottom Line:
Intriguing combo
Turns out to be sweetly bland
So disappointing




Too Sweet.  And I Shouldn’t Have Been Surprised

I love marshmallows, so seeing that marshmallow is part of something is a great way to get me to try it.  When I stumbled over the White Chocolate Marshmallow M&M’s, I didn’t even hesitate before throwing a package into my basket.  Sadly, they proved to be disappointing.

Obviously, these treats are designed as a spring seasonal item.  The bag and the colors of the candies themselves are pastel spring colors.  As you’d expect, they’ve got a marshmallow center with a white chocolate coating and a candy shell.

How to they taste?  They are extremely sweet.  Honestly, it’s kind of hard to tell much about individual flavors because they are so sweet.  I was hoping for some marshmallow taste, but it gets swallowed up in the general sweetness of it all.  Frankly, it’s a bit overwhelming with how sweet it is.

And that probably shouldn’t have surprised me.  All of the White Chocolate M&M’s I have tried have had the same issue of just being too sweet.  I was hoping these would have some distinct flavor, but I was sadly disappointed.

Sometimes, marshmallow can be sticky, but that’s not the case here.  In fact, they should make the hard centers of the Caramel M&M’s more like these.  They are just a tad gooey but not at all hard to eat.

So I don’t recommend this particular variation on M&M’s.  I had to try the White Chocolate Marshmallow variety, but they aren’t nearly as good as they should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.