Saturday, April 6, 2019

April 6th's Weekly TV Thoughts

The first season finale from the traditional TV networks this week.  Yes, most of my shows will go until May, but I'll have another one coming up in a couple of weeks.

Supergirl – Kara knows she has a double now.  At least the right people believe what is happening, including the head of the DEO.  I found that interesting.  And it looks like Lena, at least for now, is staying on the side of the good guys, which makes me happy.  I’m glad James is willing to admit he needs help.  Not that I’m surprised since I knew his sister would be sticking around.

God Friended Me – I knew the project was something other than the God account.  That was just going to be too obvious.  I’m not convenience any of our three suspects are behind it.  I like how Miles is talking like he has faith now.  I hope his faith eventually turns to God, but I doubt it.  Still, it makes his conversations with his father interesting as a result.

Legends of Tomorrow – So glad to have this show back!  I can sort of see Ava’s side.  Not that she’s really right, but I can understand where she is coming from.  I’ve got to admit, I’ve lost a bit of the story thread thanks to the long break.  It will take me a couple of weeks to remember who these men in black are working for, if we even knew.  And I really want a copy of that Heroes in Time card game.

This is Us – I’m glad that Randall and Beth worked things out, but come on.  Did it really take this long to even discuss a move?  (And I still say he should have had to live there before he ran.)  It’s funny, but until the last few weeks, I’m not sure I would have seen Kevin as a father, but I like the idea.  And I hope that Rebecca and Kate have good boundaries.  I’m not sure if I will be around to see them, however.  With the soap opera they are giving us for the future time line, I’m kind of over the show.

Survivor – They pulled off a blindside.  At least enough of the people have seen the show to realize when you need to make big moves, although it does seem like we get more big moves than normal moves any more.  I almost think a non-blindside would be a twist at this point in the show’s life.

The Big Bang Theory – Should have seen Amy’s end of episode reaction coming, but I liked it better that I didn’t.  I hope they figure out a way to prove what is really go on there.  Not that I expect either duo to get the Nobel.  Meanwhile, I do feel sorry for Howard with the book.

Abby’s – Fun second episode.  I’m still not completely sold on the show, but I am enjoying it.  I’ll hang around, but if it gets canceled, I don’t think I’ll be too disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.