Sunday, August 30, 2020

Disney Pin Review: Dumbo - Crests of the Kingdom - 2019 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great crest for another classic attraction
Cons: All cons flew away
The Bottom Line:
This crest for Dumbo
Is made to make your heart soar
And to make you smile

This Crest Soars

There are many iconic Disneyland attractions.  Most of the ones that people immediately think of are the roller coasters, but start discussing the family friendly attractions, and Dumbo the Flying Elephant would come up quickly.  So is it really that surprising that Dumbo got an entry in the Crests of the Kingdom pin series?

As usual, the front is raised pewter, but it is still easy to see the crest.  Dumbo is front and center, as he should be.  On either side is a feather.  Behind him, you can see the impression of a circus tent.  Down at the bottom is the banner with the perfect Latin phrase, “Volantem Elephanti,” or “Flying Elephants.”

The inside illustration is perfect as well.  It features Dumbo himself flying over the circus.  Timothy is sitting in Dumbo’s hat.  It’s exactly what you’d expect inside this pin.

I must admit that Dumbo isn’t one of the attractions on my must do list every time I visit Disneyland, but it always makes me smile when I see it.  And, I’ve got to admit, I still enjoy it when I do ride it.  The nostalgia from memories of riding it as a kid or with the kids in your life is magical.

And that’s why I enjoy this pin; it reminds me of the fun of this attraction perfectly with a wonderful crest.  I’m glad I’ve added the Dumbo Crests of the Kingdom pin to my collection.

If you'd like to see what this pin looks like, I hope you'll hop over to my pictures on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.