Saturday, August 8, 2020

August 8th's Weekly TV Thoughts

The Titan Games – Amazing how some of those athletes came back.  And the Country Strong guy hangs on to his crown for the East.  I was rooting for him, and he had me a little worried.  Glad the guy from last week was okay, just winded.  The woman I was rooting for was eliminated in the first round.  I’m curious to see what they are going to do next week with three competitors left.  Three person challenge and then Mount Olympus or what?

Stargirl – Part one of the season finale, of course it had more action than last week.  I suspected that was the case when we got a low key episode.  I’m glad that Courtney’s mom seems to be coming around, but I’m also glad they aren’t glossing over her and Pat’s relationship.  Mike is still not happy.  I wonder how that will playout.  And the cliffhanger?  Yikes!  I wonder how much of the finale takes place in real time, or if it will be slowed down time.  I find it interesting that the demands are liberal dreams, and they are coming from the villains.  Of course, killing people to get what you want is an easy line to draw.

Tell Me a Story – So we are going to be watching people self-destruct.  One or two things intrigue me, that’s for sure, but I’m not sure if I will continue to be up for the destruction.

United We Fall – A two parter of sorts, already.  It was nice to see the main parents not being completely bad parents this time.  Although their efforts definitely turned out badly in at least one case.  I feel the characters are settling into caricature mode, but I still got some good laughs from it.

Killer Camp – Those challenges weren’t fun tonight.  And I guess it is a short camp and series (I forgot how short they do things in the UK) since next week is the finale already.  I have a hard time believing it is Sam since everyone suspects him, but we shall see.

Cannonball – Second time we’ve seen the surf round, and no one touched the surf board this time.  Of course, three of them fell off almost immediately, so maybe touching the board isn’t as bad an idea as it seems at first.

Holey Moley – I like applesauce, but the guy who kept chanting about it?  I was glad when he lost.  The one woman fell in the water on each of her holes, but it must have been worth it since she won.  Meanwhile, the running gag with the diver turned sour thanks to Steve Guttenberg’s over reaction.  It would have been funny except his threats and what not weren’t as funny as they were supposed to play out.

Don’t – That was a dirty trick having some of the safety glass break like that.  I do believe this is the first time the team has never pushed the Don’t Push button.  Considering how well that hasn’t worked out (I think only one team has doubled their money), that was a very good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.