Saturday, August 29, 2020

August 29th's Weekly TV Thoughts

 Saying goodbye to another show this week.  Season finale.  No decision on whether it will be renewed or not.  But I've got a returning favorite coming back on Monday!

Tell Me a Story – I’d been interested in this show for two reasons.  One, the fairy tale aspect.  That has certainly been darker than I intended.  I was also interested because the show comes from Kevin Williamson, and I am obsessed with the Scream franchise, which he started.  I definitely noticed those origins in this episode.  Phone voice.  The murder.  Yes, some definitely dark and twisted turns.  I will be interesting to see where the show goes from here.

United We Fall – This episode was the show at its best.  So many funny lines and the crazy family being funny without being annoying.  It was even sweet at the end.  But so many laughs along the way.  If the show comes back for more, this is what they need to capture to make season 2 stronger.  (And yes, that was the end of season 1 already.)

Cannonball – Wow!  I get that the balls in the net challenge is hard.  I doubt I’d do well at it.  But that was the lowest scoring round I’d seen.  Half of them didn’t get any points, and the highest scores were 2.  Pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.