Friday, August 28, 2020

August 28th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to Friday, which means it is time again for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring The First Wave by James R. Benn.

                                                 

This is a little different for me.  Yes, it is a mystery, but it's not a light cozy mystery.  It's set during World War II and puts you directly in the action.

You'll see what I mean by how it begins:

It was dark, and I was at sea, hunkered down in a flat-bottomed landing craft, slamming through four-foot swells and chugging noisily toward shore, leaving the relative safety of our troop transport behind.

We get action again on page 56, although a shorter quote:

Ten minutes later I was up on the roof and headed back to friendly territory.

I'll be reviewing the book on Tuesday, so I hope you'll come back to see what I thought of it.

As always, have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. The beginning is quite interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy this one. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.