Saturday, August 15, 2020

August 15th's Weekly TV Thoughts

 I can't believe the number of shows that had finales this week.  My TV viewing is going to be much, much smaller over the coming few weeks.  And since the Arrowverse shows aren't coming back until January, I'm really not going to have much to watch over the new few months.  At least American Ninja Warrior will be back next month.  I'm very excited about that.

Anyway, here's what I watched this week.

The Titan Games – I don’t know why I was thinking it would be complicated this week.  They’ve already established what they do with three people.  I’d forgotten that The Rock’s pick for the mid-west was defeated in the mid-west finals.  Still, the mid-west represented themselves well with two champions.  I must admit, my west coast bias was showing in who I was rooting for, but all of them are truly deserving.

Stargirl – That’s what I’m talking about.  They took a final act to give us some great moments with the characters.  It’s rare a show does that, and I appreciate the show for it.  I should have seen a few of the twists coming, but they got me with them.  And yes, I cheered at the very end of the battle.  Looks like they are setting up a great season 2.  I’ll definitely be back.

United We Fall – I almost wish they’d married the mom off and written her into a recurring character instead of a main character.  I’m finding her annoying as the show goes on.  Did enjoy the storyline with the niece.  Predictable outcome, but still fun.

Killer Camp – If it had been Sam, I would have thought things were too easy.  Carl really fooled everyone there.  They seemed to be too upset by it.  While I often am bothered by the “it’s a game” defense in Survivor, here I definitely buy it.  Especially since this was over in 5 days.  Not sure if a second season was filmed or not, but I don’t think I’ll be back.  Just a bit too hockey overall for me.

Cannonball – What a close finish!  One inch determined the winner.  With how they edit, I was expecting the bagger to be gone earlier since it seems like the first one usually loses.  He still lost, but he hung on until the last contestant.  Personally, I was rooting for the juggler, so I was sorry to see him go.

Holey Moley – You can color me shocked.  I never would have guessed that the Cookie Lady would win tonight.  Guess this show is at least some about skill and not physical endurance.  Although the one guy got robbed.  Supposedly the better chip shot and he winds up in the sand.  That’s really what cost him.

Don’t – So close to the $100K they talk about.  That’s impressive.  And I guess it is possible to go over if you play a game perfectly.  Fun set of siblings.  And I can say is Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.