Monday, August 10, 2020

Ornament Review: Charlie Brown - Mini Ornament - 2020 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great looking mini Charlie Brown ornament
Cons: None for me
The Bottom Line:
Charlie Brown skating
Makes fun mini ornament
Hope to get the rest




Don’t Worry, Charlie Brown, You Make a Great Mini Ornament

Since I’ve been collecting the Winter Fun with Snoopy series, I have lots of mini ornament featuring Snoopy and Woodstock.  I don’t have any with the rest of the Peanuts gang, so I was thrilled to see several of the characters pop up this year.  I wasn’t the only one, since my store sold out of them right away.  The only one I was able to snag – for now – is Charlie Brown.

The characters are all ice skating for these miniature ornaments.  Charlie Brown looks like he is not super comfortable with this sport.  He’s on his back foot with one foot out in front of him.  His arms are out to the side, and he has a very worried look on his face.  It’s almost like he is struggling to keep his balance but is about to fall over.

Speaking of falling over, if you try to set this ornament out, it will fall over.  With just one leg to stand on, and an ice skate blade on the bottom of his foot, this doesn’t really surprise me.

I love this little ornament.  Even though I think of Charlie Brown as a good skater thanks to the Christmas special, I can see him struggling at times, so this seems to be in character.  Couple that with blue pants and a red jacket, and he looks great.

I’m mentioned this is a mini ornament, so it shouldn’t be a surprise when I tell you he is only an inch tall.  Yet we can still see detail on his jacket and the expression on his face is plain.  As long as you know the size before you get this ornament, you’ll be fine.

The impression that Charlie Brown is falling is heightened when you go to hang him on your tree.  The loop is off center in his hat, and the result is that he tips to the side.  However, it looks good.  It really does look like his is falling, so I’m sure it is on purpose.

Since we are still early in Hallmark’s ornament season, I’m hopeful that I can snag the other two Peanuts minis in the next few months.  I’m very happy I was at least able to snag Charlie Brown right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.