Saturday, October 31, 2020

October 31st's Weekly TV Thoughts

 Happy Halloween!  Usually there are more Halloween episodes to talk about, but this is 2020.

Supermarket Sweep – As I expected, I enjoyed it more this week.  Knowing what to expect sure helps.  The winners of the first round didn’t do so well running through the store, but the team in the second group won it all.  What a swing!

Card Sharks – I kind of liked the longer run they had last season.  This season, all you need is one lucky run and you are the winner.  Of course, in the second game, they proved you can get lucky at any moment.  Still, the winner’s luck was switched both times in the bonus round (very lucky early on, not so lucky in the bonus round and vice versa).  (I hope that makes sense to anyone other than me.) 

LA’s Finest – I kind of forgot we had a case of the week.  That is until the very end.  Not that they resolved it at all.  Seriously, the writing on this show is all over the place.  I am getting into the bigger storylines, so I have a feeling I will keep watching.  And yes, I felt stupid as soon as they mentioned that the first wife was dead.  How could I have forgotten that last week?  I do hope they have worked through the worst of the daughter’s acting out story.  I get why she is doing it, I just don’t enjoy it.

Dancing with the Stars – Villains week certainly worked for most of the cast.  Those dances were inspired!  And a well deserved perfect score, too!  I loved Derek as Jekyll and Hyde.  I love the character in general, but I especially loved how he played with it all evening.

The Weakest Link – I believe that was the highest total I’d seen on the game yet.  I was pretty impressed by it.  I did pretty well in the first round getting answers right, too.  Of course, eventually they started stumping me.

Tell Me a Story – I definitely enjoying this season more than season 1.  Still dark and twisted, but the characters are easier to root for.  I really want to know what is driving the stalkers (and we’ve got a couple of them) to behave the way they are.

Amazing Race – I always hate seeing a team that is really far behind get U-Turned.  I get why it happens.  It’s good strategy.  I would have done it, too.  But as someone who likes to root for the underdog, it hurts.  I want a trip on that riverboat!

American Ninja Warrior – As I expected, this finals course is really what we would normally consider a semi-finals course.  But it’s a different season, so I’m only commenting.  I’m not complaining.  What I am complaining about was the fact that my cable service had some issues and froze in a few runs (never the commercials), so I missed a few moments.  Fortunately, I could piece together where the people went out based on comments made later.  Missed part of Jessie’s run, but I didn’t miss her finish.  Way to go!

Press Your Luck – The Wammys were rough tonight.  Really hurt both of the guys in the competitive part, and then the winner got all four in the bonus game.

Match Game – I would have said lips for the final question, too.  But there’s me thinking too literally again.  Speed bump was a great answer for the Prius question.  And the final match is a given so much of the time, it’s actually surprising when a contestant doesn’t get it.  And that happened both times in the episode.

Star Trek: Discovery – I liked how the episode ended, but it felt like it took too long to get there.  Probably because I knew it would be going there from early in the episode.  Nice but predictable character moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.